Did You Know? Could 2017 be the end of shopping malls? JCPenney announced Friday that it would close up to 140 stores in the next couple of months. That follows decisions by Macy’s & Sears to close a collective 218 stores in the first half of the year. Other mall-based stores including American Apparel, The Limited, Bebe, BCBG, & Payless have also recently announced that they are shutting down all or most of their stores. ( v i a )
I feel like I’m giving away my biggest secret here… You know I’m obsessed with online shopping, specifically Amazon. I literally buy everything off Amazon, I’m currently waiting for Banana Nut Cliff Bars. When I have conversations with other Amazon addicts I get hot & heavy. Really spikes my heart beat.
Since this discovery I wanted the same freedoms for clothing, mostly because my anxiety is the devil & going into shopping malls is hot & overwhelming – at least all the shopping malls near my house feel that way.
Enter, the following websites… They rescued me from overwhelming shopping malls that are always too hot, full of people, the pretty clothes piled up on the floor & long lines in fitting rooms. Nastiness.
Wafiq is proud to report I haven’t dragged him into the mall in ages! WOOT WOOT!
Asos is the go-to clothing website for anyone & any style. In college, I used to find the most affordable dresses possible – whether for Saturday nights or weddings, and my budget was a powerful $10.
Now, I use Asos for the variety of styles & accessories the website has for both myself & Wafiq. What makes Asos different than the other 2 websites I go to is the variety of brands, which you can see in the range of choices. There’s something for everyone!
Some of my favorite brands that I find on ASOS: Miss Selfridge, River Island & ASOS Brand. They also have an awesome unlimited 2 day shipping policy for $19.99/year!
The only thing I don’t like about Windsor is the shipping. There’s never free shipping for budget shoppers! You know those annoying specials: “Spend $3M, get free shipping” ?! What!? No. I want to spend $19.99, only!
BUT, I love pretty much everything else about Windsor. They’re constantly changing their inventory so there’s new pieces being added all the time. I ordered a gown for the wedding we attended in Mexico & I couldn’t have been more impressed. The dress was affordable & fit like a glove. Because of the price I was concerned it would be poor quality but I was pleasantly surprised, as I have been with all my orders from Windsor. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Missguided’s inventory goes on for days x days. I use Missguided when I want to look… sassy? The outfits have a little more flare & sex appeal – Oh lala-ness?! You’ll get what I mean when you scroll through.
They also do collaborations with bloggers & fashion designers every once & awhile which makes a fun & affordable adventure down the fashion isle.
Online Fashion Shopping Tips:
- Watch your favorite websites for sales. Scan through a few of your favorites when you first get online & see if there are any big sales happening << sometimes they’re very random clearing inventory
- Sign up for mailing lists! This is not an annoying Spam situation, it’s great for the heads up on super sales or free shipping opportunities
- Free Shipping, always a great idea << Find this opportunity & pounce!
- Read sizing reviews to find what fits you. Several online stores now offer sizing reviews for each item of clothing available for purchase. A great example of this: Lulu’s.
- Check out the return policy before buying so you know if it’ll be easy to return, if need be
- Pay attention to expected shipping times! I’ve ordered items online that have taken 2-3 weeks to receive, which feels like an eternity when I’m used to Amazon Prime. Plan plan plan if you’re relying on your order
Online shopping is the best kept secret, if you don’t know where to start it can be overwhelming & you’ll want to surrender to the shopping mall. But then you’ll be in zone Forever 21 for life!
Once you discover the world of affordable online shopping – you’ll grow into a wonderful adult woman & you feel fashion forward… even if you aren’t.
Having said that, where are your go-to online shopping spots? Share!!
Be thoughtful today,