I’ve gotten in to this habit of telling myself to say 5 things I’m grateful for when I’m in a nervous mood, or whenever I’m having a bad day, or when I’m missing my puppy girl Bernice. I have to say the 5 things out loud. Even if I’m alone. And every time I do it my mood changes. I forget the sad, angry, mean mood I was in and remember the 5 things I’m grateful for. It puts a huge smile on my face. This exercise has saved me in Dubai. I recommend it 🙂
In light of Thanksgiving, I’ll post 5 things I’m grateful for this year.
1. I am thankful I survived a year in Dubai. Thankful because the first few months after my move I really doubted myself and my decision. There was a huge part of me that thought I wasn’t going to make it the entire year. Then, I would’ve gone home disappointed in myself. Now that the year is almost over I’m thankful I can move back at any point satisfied and proud of myself! I did it!
2. I’m thankful for the United States and that I’m lucky enough to have a home in it. Sounds obvious, but I mean it more now than ever. 🙂
3. I’m thankful I was brave enough to make such a huge move to Dubai. I learned more than I could’ve imagined, which I’ve said many times before. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly of this adventure, at the end of the day, this experience has really allowed me to believe I’ll live with no regrets. No looking back thinking I should’ve done that. I should’ve traveled. I should’ve tried something new. I made every effort my tiny financial pocket allowed me to. And I went for it.
4. I’m thankful the Alalawi’s. Wafiq’s family. I would’ve been on the Dubai street, Ebola stricken, hitch hiking through Africa trying to get back home if it wasn’t for them. All my other thankful for’s wouldn’t be there if I didn’t have the Alalawi family.
5. I’m thankful for my friends and fam. They still remember me! And I think might still like me! Even though I’m WAY over here in Dubai. I’m not sure if my animal still remembers me. She probably does which is why she’s still so naughty for my parents…
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Remember to be thankful every. single. day.
^^^^^^ I went to Claw BBQ for a special Thanksgiving menu they had for us American’s. Not as good as my Aunt Nancy’s cooking, but it was good enough to give me that full Thanksgiving feeling! Mmmmmmmmmm