Did You Know? The thinnest skin is found on your precious eyelids measuring at .02mm thick. The thickest skin is found on your feet measuring at 1.4mm thick. ( v i a )
I never thought I’d see the day where I wouldn’t want to wear makeup all day, during work, but here we are. For the past 2 months I’ve abstained from MOST of my makeup at work.
I used to think makeup was important at work because it helps you look awake, alert, professional, clean, put together, on time – but I’ve had a shift in mentality recently. I don’t want to put shit on my face when my computer screen & a few people are the only ones reaping the benefits. Most of the time I don’t even look in a mirror so I’m not even able to marvel at my artwork.
I’ll admit, I’ve never been the person that’s afraid to go outside of the house without makeup, or in my sweatpants (sometimes pajamas). So going without makeup wasn’t necessarily fearful for me, as I think some people that wear makeup every day can end up feeling.
I decided to ditch the bronzer, foundation, blush, eye shadow, highlight, or whatever else I was using every day.
I think the first week was a little shocking for the other employees. Like maybe I had an illness or was SUPER hungover or Wafiq & I were breaking up. In my defense, I don’t think I looked like an ailing ghost, I think it was different from what they were used to seeing. ESPECIALLY in the mornings when my eyes are puffy and usually red because of allergies + without makeup my freckles & sun spots are visible. I definitely don’t have the smoothness & dimension that foundation & bronzer bring to the table.
After a week or so went by I perfected the moisturizer, concealer, and mascara routine to a point where I still felt put together, but free. I think all makeup wearing people, including lovers of makeup, can admit there’s nothing like a fresh, bare, clean face. YUM.
- Clean Face: Stick to your normal face wash routine. Full disclosure, I skip this step most mornings. I like the oil that my face accumulated overnight & prefer not to wash it away.
- Moisturize: As you know, I’ve been using this Tepez Cream, but am always looking for a stellar moisturizer (tell me!!)
- Oil: I like an oily face. Lately, I’ve been trying Avocado Oil. I put a thin layer all over, including my neck. Even Wafiq does this step now 🙂
- Conceal: Use any concealer under your eyes to brighten your entire face with little effort. Lately, I’ve been using this one, but I switch all the time. Make a huge triangle under your eyes & the spots you want to cover << for me, it’s always around my chin.
- Blend: Wet a beauty blender, I love this one, then start dabbing the blender all over the concealer until it’s blended out & looking smooth.
- Powder: Unless it’s really hot outside, I can skip this step. Otherwise, I put a translucent powder or a nude eye shadow from this pallet under my eyes to keep the concealer in place all day.
- Curl Lashes: I have stick straight lashes, so curling is a must!
- Mascara: I’ve used this one since I was 16. I noticed doing both the top & bottom eyelashes helps A LOT. Sometimes I’ll do the top only & when I look in the mirror, I get scared.
- Chapstick: Don’t forget to moisturize your lips! This finishes it all perfectly!
That’s my new every day, work “look”.
I’m feeling a bit empowered, when I look at my gorgeous coworker’s fully contoured & looking like a hard 10 face – I still find myself happy that my face is clean & nearly makeup free. Confident that I can wear my oily, moisturized face with a dab of concealer & way less product.
So much less to think about, right?!
5 Benefits of Less Makeup During Workdays:
- Save money on expensive makeup products
- Easy & fast – meaning less time getting ready in the morning & more time sleeping
- Focus on the health of your actual skin – moisturizing & clarifying the skin that you have
- Enjoy weekend makeup again – you’ll be creative & energized when you get to do a full face of makeup with all your products on a well-rested face
- Boost of confidence – You’ll feel proud & confident to rock the carefree make up look at the office! Trust me 🙂
I throw on layers of makeup on the weekends or a night out or anytime I’m bored. Bring on the blush, glitter, bronzer with a glow, fake lashes, red lipstick, and whatever else I can find – but as far as day to day, super minimal is my new routine!
I totally understand this sounds silly to a lot of makeup-free people but once you get used to wearing makeup it’s kind of weird to walk away from it… For anyone that sits behind a desk the majority of the day & doesn’t see the point in spending $$$ on an expensive, gorgeous, high glow, foundation to wear all day at work. Skip it! Save it for the weekends & weeknight outings.
To make my life even easier, I roll my hair up into a clip before bed & let it down the next day for a super relaxed curl. That’s it. My morning routine is 10 minutes max.
Anyone else started wearing less makeup during the day when you’re staring at the computer for hours? Let me know! I need a support group.
Have a great start to the week & as always, be thoughtful